What to choose: a kitchen table or island?
Let’s be honest and declare that one of the very first elements we see upon walking into a kitchen is the island – if there is one, of course. Even more so if someone is already seated at the island or, better, if a spread of delicious food is laid out on the surface.
Another great advantage of the kitchen island is that, thanks to it being higher than your average kitchen table, you can either sit or stand at it – completely up to you! This is especially comfortable when socialising in the kitchen over a plate of appetisers and some tea (or wine) before moving on to the more formal dining room. That said, the kitchen island can serve as a casual stepping stone between meeting-and-greeting the guests at the front door and kicking off the main event, like a dinner party in the dining room or birthday celebration out on the patio.
More benefits of the kitchen island:
• Plenty of storage – an island allows for at least two more cabinets, two drawers, and maybe even some display shelving for a few cookbooks and other collectibles.
• Its size can vary according to the available space.
• It doubles up perfectly as a breakfast bar, ensuring a comfy dining space once the worktop overhangs the units and provides space for some stools.
• An island is great for displaying and storing a few kitchen accessories.
• Kitchen islands can be used for a multitude of different activities, from food prepping and baking to a comfy homework zone for the kiddies.
• A lot of homeowners are moving the stove top to the island and treating themselves to a second cooking station, enabling them to prepare meals together and, thus, enjoy more quality time with family and friends.
The only disadvantage of the kitchen island is that it doesn’t always fit into a galley (long) kitchen; however, it’s perfect for your more typical L-shape and U-shape spaces.
More Galleries of What to choose: a kitchen table or island?
How To Turn A Console Table Into A Kitchen IslandHow To Choose A Kitchen Table: Interview With Susan SerraKitchen Island Tables IdeasChoosing A Kitchen Island: 13 Things You Need To KnowFind The Best Kitchen Island Cart For Your Home: A Buying14 Best Counter Height Tables Images On PinterestProgressive Furniture Progressive Colonnades Collection17 Best Images About Kitchen Island Table Combinations OnHow To Choose Your Freestanding Kitchen Island25+ Best Ideas About Kitchen Island Table On Pinterest12 Things About Choosing A Kitchen IslandHow To Choose The Ideal Furniture For Small SpacesKitchen Table Island Combo Part 5Best 25+ Kitchen Island Table Ideas On PinterestChoosing The Right Pendant Lights For Your Kitchen IslandAffordable IKEA Kitchen Island Ideas Diy KitchenKitchen Island Table ComboFurniture: Awesome Kitchen Island Dining Table AttachedHow To Choose The Best Bar Stools For Your Kitchen IslandCoaster Fine Furniture Kitchen Island